Saturday, January 26, 2008

Minimalist Cardigan

Started on this yesterday. It is the Minimalist Cardigan from Fall 2007 Interweave Knits. Knitting it in Caron Simply Soft Heathers in Deep Plum. I really wanted something simple and kinda mindless to work on while catching up on my TiVo'd shows. So far it is serving its purpose. Took a little calculating to get gauge cause I have noticed in the past that Simply Soft relaxes quite a bit after washing and i didn't want it to grow too much on me.

So last night I met a friend's 10 year old daughter who got really excited when she found out that I knit, apparently she crochets and has been wanting to learn to knit but didn't know anyone who knew how. So I told her I would teach her. I am kinda excited, she's sweet and seems really smart. I am sure she will pick it up pretty fast and it should be fun.

No comments: